June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!!!

Happy Father's Day to all of the amazing fathers out there! 

I am so thankful to have so many men in my life to celebrate today!

First, I am so thankful for Alex - he is going to be such a great Dad to Kate.  If he loves and spoils her as much as he spoils our rotten dogs she will have it made!  I am so thankful that he is the man that will be my child's father and I cannot wait to see him in action come August!

This was the first time my Dad saw me in my wedding dress

I am also thankful for my Dad.  He has been an amazing father over the past 25 years of my life.  Anyone who knows us knows that we have definitely had our fair share of run in over the years.  However, I attribute 90% of those runs to the fact that we have the EXACT same personality - makes it easy to have run ins when two stubborn, strong willed people are "discussing" something!  (The other 10% I would attribute to me being a difficult teenager!)

While our personality may have causes some run ins I wouldn't trade it for the world.  It is wonderful to have someone in my life that understand how I think, where I am coming from, and just understands me so well!  So, thank you Dad for being there for me and "getting" me!

Me and my Paw-paw at his 90th Birthday Party in October 2009 - just a few weeks before he passed away

I am thinking about my Dad a little bit more today as this is the first Father's Day he will go through without his Dad.  My Paw-paw passed away in November.  He lived a long, full life and we all know that he is in a much better place but, I would imagine today is hard on my Dad knowing that he will never spend another Father's Day with his Father.

I am also thankful for my father-in-law for raising such a great son!  And, for recognizing that he has the best daughter-in-law ever!

And last, but certainly not least, I am thankful for my brother-in-law Jeff.  My sister is such a lucky woman to have a wonderful husband that is also an amazing father.  Jeff is such a great example of a Godly father figure and I am so glad my nephews are blessed with him as their Dad!

And to my brother (who is big and bad at 19 years old) - I better NOT be celebrating you as a father for YEARS - got that?

No comments:

Blogging tips